LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Distressgirlfreinds (minister)     16 June 2017

Under 156(3) crpc can a third party has locus standi

There are several complaints online and marriage bureu complaints agianst a guy  of s*xual harresment and assault .I have given complaints to concerned thana and s.s.p ,no fir registered till date...I am not the victim in said complaints but I have taken initiative to complaint.When no one registered the F.I.R I move application under 156(3) before magistrate to direct police investigation.Maigstrate has asked me to prove my locus standi as I am not the one of victim and I am a third party

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)
Sir, u can file a PIL!

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     06 July 2017

My suggestion would be that the harassed victim here can file a private complaint to the magistrate u/s 200 of CrPC. A magistrate has to examine the complainant and apply his judicial mind to the whole matter (complainant's account of events, proof given by the complainant, list of witnesses) for the purpose of finding out whether or not a prima facie case is being made out against the accused. If he deems the case could be genuine, he may then serve summons to the accused for the purpose of further investigation.

You may also write to the National Women Commission if no steps are taken.

Hope this helps!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register