LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar Kumar (owner)     16 September 2012

Unauthorized tenanats in premises

I am owner of property which is very old. We have many pagri system tenants in the building. We also have 4 sheds which are outside the building but inside the compound o our plot. They have been staying for more than 30 years. Over these years they have made their sheds 14 ft high with mezzanine.  Now I am considering redevelopment, But since their structure is unauthorised, builder is not giving them any area. Their shed is not as per BMC plan. Also there is no agreement between us and these sheds. They pay us rent like 45 to 50 rupees per month

We requested them to vacate now so that building can go for redevelopment, we also offered 2 lacs each to them. But the want regular rooms in new construction.  One of the sheds has a own business and has kept his assistant in that shed..just to keep place occupied. 

Can we evict them since there is no agreement, no marking in BMC plan. We pay the taxes seperately for the sheds as " Tile Sheds "

Expert opinions requested

Learning

2 Replies

ADVOCATE Prem Joshi (Advocate/ Legal Consultant)     16 September 2012

Have you given any receipt for rent ( Rs. 50) ?

Kumar Kumar (owner)     16 September 2012

Yes we have given receipts as " compensation receipt" .  They are taking full advantage of situation. They think they are protected tenants. So they are running own small businesses from there. When we tried to tell them to leave, they said they will go to local corporator who will support them and keep throwing political names.

I want to find out the most legal and straight way to tell them to leave. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register