Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ANANT N PHIRKE (Assistant Professor)     14 September 2013

Transfer of pf and charges for inoperative epf account?

I am working as an Assistant Professor in one of the College in Mumbai. My salary is claimed from Govt. of Maharashtra using adequate approvals. My P.F. is regularly cut from my salary from April 1998. But the P.F. was deposited in E.P.F. account instead of G.P.F. account.  My college did not open  any  P.F. account till 2004-05, they orally asked me to fill both G.P.F. form & E.P.F. scheme 1995 form, which I filled. College paid entire P.F. contribution with employer’s contribution with interest in E.P.F. account in 2005. On 8Th June 2010, the college opened my P.F. Account with Govt. 0f Maharashtra. They gave me the new P.F. account no on Sept. 10 with written assurance that the entire P.F. amount will be transferred to the Govt. P.F. account. Despite repeated written requests, college did not transfer P.F. till today. Since my P.F. is being deposited in New Govt. P.F. Account currently, so old Employee P.F. Account has become dormant or inoperative in July 2013 and will cease to pay interest on it.

In this context my queries are:

1.    Can I complain to EPF about default by college in PF deposits?

2.    As I am still working in the same job and as per the rules and regulations of E.P.F. I cannot withdraw the P.F. amount from EPF account or close it or transfer the amount to G.P.F. account, so what is the way out?

3.    As college is not transferring P.F. amount can I give legal notice to the college?

4.    What will be the charges and financial  loss in inoperative EPF account?

Learning

3 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 September 2013

when payment is made uptodate interest will be calculated.

furthernon-submission of form by employer is a criminal misconduct.

You can get the form attested by various authorities.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 September 2013

repeated

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Provident-fund-mishandling-87631.asp#.UjcH_n_Qzmk

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 September 2013

also repeated

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Two-pf-accounts-in-same-job-88588.asp#.UjcICn_Qzmk

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register