LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KJS (NA)     17 October 2012

Transfer in mhada

We are residents of a MHADA bldg in Vikhroli. My next door neighbour, an illiterate woman, on passing away of her husband, filed an application with MHADA for the flat to be transferred in her name. She submitted everything including a copy of the old allotment letter. MHADA wrote back saying that they could not trace their ownership records (they bought the place from the original allottee with proper documentation). It was a plain printed letter with a sign but no seal and sent through ordinary post. She has been to their office. They keep saying the same thing to her over and over again. What should she do?

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Upadhyay (partner)     17 October 2012

Dear KJS, 

First and foremost the  lady has to file for a HEIRSHIP CERTIFICATE from local Court . Second she has to check the records of the MHADA , to know who is the owner of thesaid appartment on their record, if it is her deceased husband then on production of HEIRSHIP CERTIFICATE  MHADA will transfer the flat in her name . In case the owner on the resords of MHADA is the original Allotee , then she will have to file a CIVIL Suit for Declaration of TITLE and Possession . These are normal procedure of court , and easily done .

KJS (NA)     17 October 2012

I don't the family can afford to go to the courts ... one thing I missed: the rent receipts issued from the local collector are in their name.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register