Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yogesh Kini (Article)     04 September 2018

Transfer fees in case of death

Hello Everyone,

The Ownership of Flat was in the name of my father who died 1 year and 8 months before and gift deed was done stating transfer of ownership and rights in the name of Nominee (My Mother). the Stamp Duty and registration Fees were paid as per the Law at the time of Registration. I have also submitted the papers to the society. 

My Question is :-

1. What will be Transfer Fees to be paid in case of Transfer of Flat from Husband to wife (Relation).

2. How the transfer fees is decided by the Society (Some Members are saying some different amounts)

3. Is the Transfer Fees is calculated as per area of property.

4. Any Section or case law related to this, if in case members are in arguments.

Kindly Guide and reply for the above case.

Thank You.

Learning

2 Replies

Ms. Dave (Housewife)     04 September 2018

Mostly and in my opinion, the society should be paid Rs 600 which includes 100 Rs for membership fees and 500 Rs for transfer. Only in case of sale of flat, society can charge more. Way in which stampduty and registration charges are less for family members, same way transfer fee is less for transfer within family. Society should do transfer within 3 months. Submit transfer and membership forms and Giftdeed copy all together to society (can give Rs 600 cheque also with it) and take acknowledgement with  stamp.

Yogesh Kini (Article)     04 September 2018

Thanks for Your Reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register