- My father was a joint owner of a Flat plus garage in Mumbai along with his mother.
- Subsequent to the demise of his mother, the society transferred the flat in my father’s name
- His mother did not leave any WILL and none of his siblings raised any objection.
- My father was an exclusive owner in the records of the society.
- He died intestate and the society transferred the flat in my mother’s name.
- The society in which my mother’s flat is planning to go in for redevelopment.
- They have also signed and registered a DA (Development Agreement).
- The builder is willing to give my mother additional area in the flat in-lieu of the garage area.
- In case, we exercise this option, the flat that would be given to us would be different from that has already been mentioned in the DA
What are the documents required to ensure
A) Builder honors his commitment and our interest is protected
B) That The title of the new flat is clear so that my mother can sell/transfer/gift/WILL/lease/mortgage etc. it as and when she desires.
C) Are there any documents that need to be registered?