Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manish   19 June 2016

Time limit for submitting evidence

Hi,

I am new to forum & I have false cases against me which are just started. What I understand is once judicical process intialises, from taking evidentfrom both party & then going for cross,and after it arguments & final arguments & then order.

Pls let me know can we provide evidences even upto final arguments or just before order.
Also,do witnesses will be called during Cross Stage.
Thanks,
Manish

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 June 2016

Cross the bridge when it comes, consult your Advocate as he will be certainly in a position to clarify your doubts.  The normal practice is that after framing the issues, court calls for list of documentary evidences and witnesses.  If a witness or document could not be presented due to certain circumstances, before commencement of arguments, a petition may be filed for considering that evidences, and considering facts, Court may consider or deny stating such reasons.

If the other party wishes, examination of witness can only be completed only after cross examination only. and presence of witness is a must.  Even in case of documentary evidence, other parties may insist for examining the witnesses to confirm veracity of that document.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Manish
Hi,

I am new to forum & I have false cases against me which are just started. What I understand is once judicical process intialises, from taking evidentfrom both party & then going for cross,and after it arguments & final arguments & then order.

Pls let me know can we provide evidences even upto final arguments or just before order.
Thanks,
Manish

Recall application for evidence giving suitable reasons why evidence could not happen or appear must be filed before cross examination date, but it depends on opposite party lawyer's consent, you cant simply submit evidence whenever you want.  Your case stands of evidence, in person or documentary, in absence of such your case will suffer.  Marking of documents/or persons will be done only in evidence stage, if you miss it, your case will suffer.

Only those witness and documents will be looked in or called which were marked as evidence during evidence stage can be called during cross examination. 

Presiding officer should accept such application only then recall, or else no recall.

Vakalath (Vakeel No. 1)     19 June 2016

The affidavit and documents be filed within a period of four weeks with an advance copy to opposite parties who shall file their response within two weeks thereafter.

Dana Kayoni (Expert Humanitarian and Lawyer)     19 June 2016

Originally posted by : Manish
Hi,

Thanks,
Manish

Only on evidence date, you should submit it, if u by chance cant, give recall application and ask for evidence submission before cross exam takes place.  You cant submit evidence whenever you want, like that ti will be mockery of judiciary system. Only those witness and documents marked and informed prior to opposite party via copy issue can only be cross examined, you cannot simply give evidence without marking. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register