LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Distressed Parents   21 February 2019

Threat from daughter in law and her family for house..

Respected Law Experts. This is our first post as senior citizens with limited knowledge of computer in this forum with all the stress and panic running through our body. A brief introduction, we are a Middle Class family of four with one son based in Kuwait(not happily)married for 8 years and blessed with a boy 4 years and a daughter who is mentally challenged. From Our Daughter in Laws Side, They are a family of 4 Ladies Grandmother, Her Mother who is a divorcee, Her Sister and herself. They Stay in an upscale locality in Mumbai and we stay in a far flung suburb of Mumbai .Our situation goes this way... When our son got married in 2011 were staying in a one bedroom Flat which was in my Wifes name. Just hardly a week after the marriage honeymoon, our daughter in law moved to her parents place citing lack of space, privacy issues, noise etc. Before our sons Marriage they saw our flat, our property papers, my sons income certificate and agreed to get their daugther married to our son. The marriage was also very simple conducted in a temple. 
From That time on, their true colors came into light and they started mentally harrasing and pressurising my son to get the share from my wifes house for almost 4 years by threatening to cause harm and by boasting about their HIFI contacts. One day it so happed when my son came to India for vacation and was staying in their house, they held my son almost hostage and in the middle of the night threatened to hand over my son and my entire family for not meeting their atrocious demands. We had to leave our mentally challenged daughter with someone to get our son back who was held captive and threatened. We cannot forget that day 26/01/13 when our son attemped suicide by hanging from fan when everyone was asleep and my wife saved his life on time...
Finally my wife had to give in to the demands, sold the house in order to buy two houses one for ourselves and one for our son , with a second house having my wifes name, my sons name and my daughter in laws name(which was added under duress and pressure from my son). The whole consideration of the house came from the sales proceeds through my wife which is in the form of demand drafts and mentioned in the sale agreement. My daughter in Laws Financial contribution towards the purchase of the house was ZERO. Now our so called Daughter in Law and her Family are giving a new kind of pressure to me and my wife through my son in order to remove my wifes name from the ownership title failing which they have threatened to go to such an extent which will be beyond anyones comprehension. Also they are putting pressure on my son and forcing him to cut off all links with us .
As me and my wife are diabetic, Frail and Feeble and defenceless with my Challenged daughter along with the above mentioned stress and no one else to take care of, Kindly suggest us a permanant remedy to this problem.....
Distressed Parents

 4 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     21 February 2019

Dear querist,


We feel said that you and family is going through all this.

No one can stop your daughter in law from filling cases against you and family their fate will be decided on the merits of each case.

You and your wife have all right to live your peacefully and no one can forced you to accepted unreasonable demands of you daughter in law.


As far your current flat which is in your wife name no one has any right on it without your consent.


The flat which you bought at daughter in law name from your consideration can be reverted to your wife name who has paid the consideration amount in case your daughter in law is noting taking care you and your wife.



Deepak Joshi & Associates

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     22 February 2019

In this entire episode of your owes, you have not mentioned what your Son is saying, excepting his attempted suicide. You have nothing to fear as all papers are pucca. Who are they to threaten you with any consequences and on what grounds?


You can approach Police next time they threaten you. You have to show courage and assert your rights.  

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     22 February 2019

It is in your interests to approach the police at the earliest. You may consult a practicing advocate immediately in the matter.

Distressed Parents   22 February 2019

Thank you everyone for all your replies...

We can go to the police but my only concern is my grandchild as he will be the one most affected in between the conflict... 

My son says he has most of the RED FLAGGED audio recordings and chat messages which he shalll release when right time comes... apart from the Police are there any organizations whom we can approach for our protection ..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query