LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay Kumar (Advocate)     05 November 2009

threat by in-laws

H married a girl 9 years ago. Two childern born. Later on, it revealed that the girl had been suffering from very serious desease. Now she is terminally ill and there is no hope of her survival.

Her parents took her at their home 6 months ago. Now they do not permit the husband to visit or see his wife. They allege,"You have not taken care of our daughter and you responsible for her present condition. If she dies, we will send you behind bars."

Husband is very afraid. what safeguard he should take in advance? 

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)

Vijay Kumar ji,

You didn't write anything about 'H''s. Without H's personal background it is difficult to suggest. 

kamal katyan (Advocate Supreme court of India)     06 November 2009

Hi Vijay

you or H can resort to Writ jurisdiction- the writ of Habeas Corpus...

Vijay Kumar (Advocate)     06 November 2009

Sir, 'H' just denotes Husband. He is a middle class salaried person. He has mother in the family. His father is expired. 

(Guest)

File a Criminal case.i.e.Kidnapping, threatning life, harrasment of 'H's wife.

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     07 November 2009

Vijay ji Good Morning.

U can approach to high court for Heabous Corpus or

U can file case u/s 9 of HMA and mentionening that she herself is not willing to come.

But if husband really want her back then contact me and file heabous corpus in high court.

Any how, How life is going on.

Regards
adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com

(Guest)

Vijay ji and Grover ji,

'H' s in-laws may turn the case into Criminal. In my opinion if 'H' lodges a criminal complaint with police 'H' will be on safe side.

Vijay Kumar (Advocate)     09 November 2009

Thank you.

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     10 November 2009

Dear S.Parkash ji,

But if H will file criminal complaint then first of all why the police will register any case againt the parents and may be her wife is agreed with the decision of her parents then it will create a big trouble for both families.That why i suggest only two ways.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register