Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay Mishra (Secretary)     31 August 2011

The legal name of the association

Hi,

I am an owner of an apartment in Bangalore. I was going through the Deed of Declaration registered by the builder, to which I become a signatory by signing From B while doing my apartment registeration. I have a question regarding the same.\

In the initial paragraphs of the document, it is stated as " Salarpuria Symphony Apartment Owners Association" whereas in the Exhibit of the same, it is written as "Salarpuria Symphony Owners Association" and in the Definition clause of it, it states Owners or Apartment Owners are the same.

End of the day what stands as the legal name of the Association.

Thanks,

Vijay

Learning

1 Replies

Deepak (trainee)     05 September 2011

Dear friend,

Since in the definition clause it has been expressly stated that both "Owners" and "Apartment Owners" mean the same, there will be no legal problem. For example if a person issues a cheque on either of the names it can be encashed. But in best interest and not to have legal problems later on it is best to have the Declaration amended as to either one of them after consulting the Builder. It is hard to say which stands to be the legal name of the association as the document can be construed in anyway according to the situation .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register