LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jagpal Singh (xyz)     20 August 2013

Termination of disinheritment

My cousin's parents disowned him in 498a  case by giving public notice in National newspaper a few years ago. Now the matter is over and the parents wants to take their son back as "legal heir" and wish to terminate this disinheritment.

A)  Can we  write the below matter on Fifty Rupees stamp paper, get it attested by notary and submit it to the nearest police station:

First Party - Son


Second party - Parents

"(Name of) Parents........ hereby in sound mind and disposing memory, annul and emphatically withdraw and cancel our previous public notice circulated in .......newspaper on ........ regarding disinheriting our Son ............  We declare that there was some family dispute arisen as such our son ................ got separated and disowned by us. Now the family dispute has been resolved and our son ........................ has equal rights like his brothers in all our properties movable or immovable and other assets with immediate effect."

B) Do we need to give public notice again AND should it be specifically in "Corrigendum section " regarding the withdrawal and cancellation of previous public notice AND should it be in the same national newspaper or any other national newspaper may be taken

Kindly clarify and advise me the procedure..A , B or anything better widely and legally acceptable.

Thank you for your help in anticipation



 0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register