LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prem chand   30 January 2017

Termination from public sector bank.

I resigned from a regional rural bank on 28th July 2016 from the post of Officer Scale -I. The resignation was to be effective from 27th October 2016. Thereafter, I proceeded on medical leave from 1st August 2016. The leave was unsanctioned. Meanwhile I received a letter from the bank on 18th October whereby I was asked to pay back my medical allowance along with certain other liabilities. I replied to the letter asking for grounds on which I was asked to pay back my medical allowance. Furthermore, on 5th November 2016, I was informed that my resignation can not be accepted. On 21st November, I wrote a letter saying that since my resignation hadnot been accepted so I should be allowed to join. The bank refused to let me join my job. Seeing no way out, I filed a writ petition in Patna High Court on 13 December 2016. Meanwhile on 30th January 2017, the bank has issued me a termination letter. Please suggest me what should I do? Also tell me what are my chances in the Court?

Learning

2 Replies

Narayan (Audit Consultant)     30 January 2017

Dear Prem,

I am not very sure , you might have gone for stay for restrainment of termination from services  after filing a writ.

Consult a labour lawyer for proceedings 

Regards 

Narayan N

(Guest)

Writ petition filed for what object is not clear.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register