LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Termination for performance without any notice

I was worked for a Chennai based IT company, for more than a year, (having 7+ years of experience in total) In this covid-19 lockdown, my manager and HR manager called (forced) me to submit my resignation else they said they will terminate me in performance clause. As i haven't received any notice for my performance earlier and do got but yearly hike(two months back) so I have asked for improvement plan or reassessment, but they denied both, Now they are not paying the variable pay amount which is mentioned in my offer letter, they said the parameters are not met. But there is no such parameters shared. Kindly guide me on this

Learning

2 Replies

Sanjay Shah (Service)     29 June 2020

Employees are governed by their employment contracts which should be valid legal terms and conditions. Once any employee sign up employment contract it means he has read and understood. So check your employment letter and it's T&C. If any action is taken by them as per contract then employer has a right to terminate any employee as per the letter. Suggest its always wise to discuss amicably and find ways forward. IF your performance was good / excellent then why they will remove you. Discuss with them in a calm and prudently in realistic manner WITHOUT BEING emotional. It's a biz Contract after all. All the very best

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     29 June 2020

Without seeing your appointment letter and terms and conditions, it will be very diffcult to give any suggestion. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register