LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

yogesh   18 July 2018

Termination during probation

Respected Sirs, I was appointed in central government on 09.10.2016 and in my appointment letter it is mention that my appointment is subjected to conditions mentioned in annexure. At that time, i did not get those annexures and my employer only sent me the fax of appointment letter and not the annexures. Now based on those conditions, they are trying to terminate my service.

Can I contend that since the annexures were not supplied to me, those conditions can not be imposed on me? Can you also provide me any case laws on this issue?

Pls guide me.

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

Sir

Contents of your employment letter have to be read in totality & not partially. Attempts by your employer to dismiss you from service may be challenged on grounds that interpreting the EL's terms independently of the annexe conditions are void. You have nor mentioned whether you are a regular/contractual employee, as there are different legal remedies available to you. 

For further queries, you can reach out to me at: basu_kunal@hotmail.com. I will be more than obliged to advise you.

regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register