LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Asish   01 October 2018

Term insurance claim

"A" & "B" are married couples. "A" takes a term insurance after marriage and nominates his mother "C". "A" passes away due to an accident. Advice to whom the sum insured will go. "A" has a dependent father too, "D".


 2 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     01 October 2018

Dear querist,


Insurance company will give insured sum to nominee. All the legal heir can approach court for their respective share in insured sum.



Deepak Joshi & Associates

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

Samarpan (M)99958670740 (Free legal advice and legal aid cell)     02 October 2018

The amoount will go to class "A" heirs -  his mother, wife, each child irrespective of boy or girl in equal ratio.  Father does not get any share.  Nominee can receive the amount but should be shared by all the legal heirs, otherwise, other legal heirs will approach the court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query