LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous   20 June 2016

Tenant threatens to assault

I had given my newly purchased flat on lease in Bangalore and after one year of stay (March 1st week) my tenant requested if they can leave the property and terminate the agreement (on whatsapp). I agreed and asked them to move by 30th of April and to find another tenant which they declined that they don't know anyone here. I asked if they want brokers' contact number which they did not respond to on whatsapp and on April 1st they told they have paid lease amount to some other house by taking money on interest and wants me to pay the interest amount. I declined very politely that as per agreement there is 3 months time to settle amount in case of termination of agreement before tenure of 2 years ends.

This is where things went wrong, I now have the last instalment of the full amount of their lease arranged and they are not ready to accept this or give the house keys stating that they need the interest amount paid along with this full amount. I showed them the agreement and reminded them but they don't seem to understand but they send me messages that they know how to take that money from me and will involve some local gundas. I'm honestly worried about my family's safety as we are planning to move into that apartment now.

Can someone tell me what I can do now as I have all the proofs of their threatening via messages and agreement copy of which details I have followed but they disagree by such drastic threats of assault. Is approaching police the right thing to do at this point? If yes, what type of complaint will ensure safety of my family and me? Need some honest advice please, since this a serious issue that we are stuck in! 

Thank you in advance!

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register