Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deven (FA)     05 October 2013

Tenant rights for car parking

Hi,
Need your help urgently,

I am staying in the society in mumbai from past 5 years (from 2008 till date). The date from when i came in the society , i came with my car and this has been also mentioned in the leave and license agreement each of all the 5 years and for this i have been paying the parking charges (double for tenants) and  my tenure for this current year expires in 5 months time. 1 month before society has passed a notice to all the tenants in the society to park their vehicles (2 wheelers and 3 wheelers) outside the building because there is shortage of parking space in the society(decision taken in AGM). Our flat owner is not saying anything nor even supporting us. I have requested them to grant me a period of 5 months as it is risky to park the vehicles outside the society, but they are not agreeing for the same.

In this case, i would like to know what rights i possess as a tenant as one month notice has been expired and they are forcing us to park our vehicles outside.

Please help and reply asap. Thanks in advance.

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     05 October 2013

the society cannot discriminate the tenants. They can use lottery system for parking on rotation basis.

You need to write your landlord / licensor.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

2BHelpfull (Other)     06 October 2013

first preference is always given to member of society which r staying in the society. ur licencer can raise a objection to it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register