Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Tenant agreement condition

sir,

i want to rent out my 2 bhk flat in chennai. i stay in abroad most of the times.

few question.
1. can i make a rental agreement for 3 yrs instead of 11 months..as i wont be there for every yr to do the renewals.
2. what is the process to register the rental agreement...how much does it cost..and what documents are required..is it required for the prospective tenant to be in the registration process ?
3. is it true that only if the agreement is registered..then the eviction,if any that comes up in future, becomes easy and quick..

what are pros and cons of registering the lease agreement compared to not doing it.

Learning

1 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     28 September 2013

renting out properties for more than 11 months, needs registration compulsory, 2,  if the property is under lien, u cannot go for registered rental agreement,without the knowledge  AND PERMISSON,of the concerned bank or nbfc. 3,not a valid point, if the agreement is registered u have better say in the court, if at all the matter is  contested under RCOP, 4, generally registration of rental agreement will be insisted by corporate houses. if u are going to rent out for residential purpose no need at the moment.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register