Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shiv sharma (NA)     16 June 2011

Teacher slapped student

A teacher slapped a student in the class of an engineering university. The class size was 120 and there was undiscipline in the class. There was argument with one student over closing of the rear door. The student was not obeying the teacher and the teacher had to slap the student. The teacher immediately reported to the head and the matter was sorted out in front of the students. The teacher tendered an apology to the student. The teacher is an RTI activist. Now, after six months of the incident the university authorites said to the teacher that permission to pursue criminal complaint against the teacher is pending with them.

Please advice what will happen if such complaint is filed in the court.

Does the student need permission from the university?


 2 Replies

robin george (Lawyer)     16 June 2011

no the student doesnt need to take permission from the university

1 Like

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     16 June 2011

It is only ethical not legal to first appraoch the college authorities.


But as 6months have elapsed, the teacher also gave his sincere apologies, no action could not arise. I don't think the court would admit this petition as an agreement was also arrived at with the student.




1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query