LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjeev (Manager)     08 April 2014

Tatkal passport for my minor son with name change

Dear all,

Is it possible to apply for tatkal passport with name change for my minor son? So far I think the major change in name means you can't apply for tatkal passport. Has anyone faced such issue? I really want my minor son's passport asap but I dont' know how, will appreciate if someone can answer my question.

And, please let me know what all documents are required for tatkal passport  for minor.

Thanks in advance!


 2 Replies

srishti jain   27 July 2021

According to the Passport Seva website, major changes in names cannot be processed through the Tatkaal passport application system, either for a new passport application or for the re-issuance of the passport, and must be, applied for under the normal category. However, you can apply under the Tatkaal system for minor changes in names.  

A minor name change is a change in name because of a spelling discrepancy between the passport and documents. while major changes in names concern a total name change. 

If you want to make minor changes in the passport, you can apply either for the production of a new passport, or a passport re-issuance.


Hope it helps,



Archana Pandey   11 January 2022

Two self attested passport size photographs of the minor and the parent/ guardian along with the minor's photo id proof. Once these are submitted, then wait till the gazette office publishes it for the government record. After that, the minor's name change will be legally complete. Hope it will help. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register