Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suresh menchirel (Lawyer)     24 May 2013

Tampering of f i r by police

That on 05/05/2013, my hotel manager, Mr. Nitin reported to Mukundwadi Police Station regarding a theft taken place at my hotel, Aishwarya, Aurangabad. The Police made the spot panchnaama and filed F I R no.179/13 with sections 454, 457 and 380 of I P C and we have mentioned the names of four persons as suspects. When we went home from police station, the P S O tampered the F I R by putting whitener on the F I R sheet and changed the section to 461 and 34, I P C without counter sign on the F I R,and sent the report to court. The sus pect accused filed anticipatory bail application on 10/5/13 and they got ad-interim bail. When we came to know on 21/5/13 for confirming the bail order we arranged advocate and opposed the bail application and written statement was given to court saying that "the said matter is section 380, 454, 457 I P C and which is in serious nature , not to grant bail" . The corrupt  I O also sent his and mentioned the change of I P C sections as 380, 454,457 on 21/5/13. but not sent the change report of F I R in time , before granting inerim bail. Please advice remadies  and action plan for the complainant other than appeal to high court. from suresh menchirel


 6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     24 May 2013

You can report the same to the DGP at your state online portal for public grievances.

Ratnesh kumar (Advocate)     24 May 2013

you can also file a protest petition in the court of metropolitian majistarte

suresh menchirel (Lawyer)     24 May 2013

Thanks for the advice. the matter is already forwarded to HOME MINISTER,DGP, C P ,and D C P.

suresh menchirel (Lawyer)     24 May 2013

Thanks for the information

RAJIV BHASIN (ADVOCATE) (Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) 9811210505)     25 May 2013

Dear Suresh,

Court has all the power to add/ amend or alter the sections at any stage of trial. Your case is still at initial stage. IO has been managed but don't worry every thing will be fine. If you have copies of the FIR then you can also file case against the IO as he has tempered the document and concealed it from the court. Now you have filed the complaints at different levels. You can have the status of your complaint through  RTI and what action has been taken against the IO.


Rajiv Bhasin 


Bhasin & Associates

suresh menchirel (Lawyer)     25 May 2013

Thanks to all  for providing valuable information.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register