LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anbalagan (Material controller)     05 March 2010

Survey no

I have purchased two vacant plot under survey no 32/6 part and both were registered in one sale deed. Now one plot, which have patta become under new survey no - 32/6 M and other which dont have patta become under survey no - 32/5AB. Please advice how to amend the survey no in sale deed


 4 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     05 March 2010

I don't think there is anything that needs to be done to the sale deed.  To record the changes you may apply for fresh patta incorporating the changes. I believe this is sufficient.

yogesh (adv.)     05 March 2010

also you can make a deed of rectification of survey nos.

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     06 March 2010

Sub-division of plots and assignment of new s.No are on the basis of your sale deed.

 On the date of registration of sale both plots were in old S.No.

Hence no correction is necessary in your sale deed.

Ramesh (-)     06 March 2010

Dear Sir,


Is your reply valid even if the survey number given on Patta is for ex. 31/xxxx, while the sale deed holds 32/xxx? Can the next buyer of this property mention the survey no. on the patta on his sale deed, instead of referring to the survey no. of the previous sale deed?


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register