Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj (SSE)     18 June 2015

Surname missing in sale deed in comparison with rtc.

Hi All,

I have zeroed on a vacant plot in Bangalore. Its an individual plot and doesn't come under any layout. The question I have is, the Sale deed is missing the Surname 'Reddy' from the original seller when compared that with the RTC (Pahani) extract . The RTC extract reflects the name as "A. dash Reddy", but the Sale deed is reflecting only "A. dash". The seller whom I am buying from has bought this property via a GPA holder in 1982 and all the documents related to this property has only the name visible as "A. dash" without the surname. Now, bank has noted that point and non-comittal about whether to provide loan on that or not. But, the Survey number etc., is matching exactly fine and its just a lazyness or the document writer at that time, he might have missed adding 'Reddy' in Sale deed. Please advice, if I can go ahead with the purchase or not.

Regards, Raj

Learning

2 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     18 June 2015

you can ask the  party who is selling the plot  to make the surname addition in the sale deed through a rectification deed.the problem would be in locating the earlier owner as he had sold in 1982

Raj (SSE)     18 June 2015

Hi Mr. Saravanan, Thanks for the reply. Yes, I agree. Its a tough job and not sure if seller is willing to do that. Its not only Sale deed, its the GPA Letter, Gazette notification NOC, everywhere the Surname is missing. So, I think I'll drop the idea of buying this if the seller is not willing to do that.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register