LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sudamcharanmatiary   20 April 2015

Surname change after marriage

My educational qualification certificates are in my maiden name. But after marriage, I have changed the name in my voter id, residential certificate and PAN card and got issued in the surname of my husband. I have already applied for marriage certificate. Now I want to register in the employement exchange and apply for govt. jobs. Which surname should I use for the above, maiden name or husband's surname? Is it possible and advisable to change the name in voter id and PAN card to my maiden name?


 6 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     20 April 2015

you can file on your married name in the employment exchange and already you have mentioned that you have changed in voter id and etc., so no need to change again to maiden surname

and if you have already applied before marriage then you can update the details by providing a written letter to them

1 Like

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     20 April 2015

Apply in your husband surname as you said you had already get done your PAN, marriage certificate, voter id card by using your husband surname.
1 Like

sudamcharanmatiary   22 April 2015

Thanks for your replies. Do I need any other documents like affidavit or publishing of "Surname change notice" in newspapers in support of the discrepancy of surname between educational certificates and signatures, while applying for Govt. jobs??

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     22 April 2015

no need of any affidavit, in the column mentioned your present status as married will be sufficient to disclose about your surname and if they require any letter then you have to give a hand written letter to them mentioning all the details of your your name with father surname, date of marriage, your husband name with surname followed by your name and your signature with change initial

sudamcharanmatiary   25 April 2015

Can I do my higher studies in my husband's surname ?

sudamcharanmatiary   30 April 2015

Can I do my higher studies in my husband's surname ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register