Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ed (trainee)     26 February 2014

Surname addition

Dear Sir,

My name as recorded in matriculate certificate just mentions my first&middle name mentioned i.e "Sunil Mayank" and doesn't mention my surname. However my name as recorded in my Voter id, ST caste certificate etc has my surname also mentioned i.e "Sunil Mayank Rasaily". I have a gazette notification stating the addition of my surname. The dilemma  I am facing is whether i can apply for civil service exam with my complete name i.e including surname because the examination application says the name entered should be exactly as that in matriculate certificate. Can i avail ST reservation or will there be any problem considering my surname is not mentioned in matriculate certificate whereas my caste certificate has my full name ?

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     27 February 2014

Since you have got Gazette Notification you can mention your name as "Sunil Mayank Rasaily" without any hesitation.  But there may be some unwanted problems in the office of civil service exams saying that the name is not talying, they may reject your application.  You have to keep constant watch on your application.  As soon as it is rejected or returned, you have to give a letter to the above authority stating that your name has been subsequently changed and you have to enclose the Gazettee notification copy to it.  You have to face this inconvenience for a period of time.  Later in your liesure times get it changed in Metriculation certificate and other certificates also in the same manner as explained above.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 March 2014

Properly advised by adv. Ravinder, you may follow it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register