LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

deendayal (service )     02 April 2013

Summoning of witness

A DV case has been filed by my wife stage is at interim maintanence . Voluantry maintanence of Rs 3000 is being paid monthly.DV case is just draging on for past 1.5 yrs  .The issue and objections was raised regarding the salary wherein the salary slip was sumbitted . As the objections was raised my counsel called for my employer as a witness on two occassions wherein a purshis too was sumbitted regarding the address of my employer  . The opposite counsel stated that he has not called for the witness when he appeared on two dates.  

Now the opposite counsel has asked for summoning of the witness due to some objections which has not been stated in writing and now my counsel has raised objections that the witness had come on two occassions and that the opposite counsel is just harassing the employer for which the  judge refused to  summon the witness again .But now the judge has changed and the matter is again raised for witness summons of the employer . For which summons have been issued .

"311. Power to summon material witness, or examine person present.--Any court may, at any stage of any inquiry, trial or other proceeding under this Code, summon any person as a witness, or examine any person in attendance, though not summoned as a witness, or recall and re-examine any person already examined; and the court shall summon and examine or recall and re-examine any such person if his evidence appears to it to be essential to the just decision of the case."

The section is manifestly in two parts. Whereas the word used in the first part is "may", the second part uses "shall". In consequence, the first part gives purely discretionary authority to a criminal court and enables it at any stage of an enquiry, trial or proceeding under the Code (a) to summon anyone as a witness, or (b) to examine any person present in the court,

Experts your replies would be apperciated in order to file  a protest application . Thanks in advance !!

Learning

3 Replies

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     02 April 2013

If the judge thinks it is essential then he will summon again.

www.mehnat.in

stanley (Freedom)     03 April 2013

File a protest application stating that the applicant is just harassing your employer . Since as you say your employer has come twice as a witness .And as per CRPC 311 a person present as witness can be examined .

(Guest)

Ask how much money she wants and settle matter.

Simply they keep dragging the case for years together, first they will get exparte order, next you will go to sessions or HC, come back, again case will start, again same procedure.  

A total waste of precious time.

Try to settle the matter.  Money is all she wants. Pay her, be good for life.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register