LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Kumar (abc)     12 October 2015

Suggestion regarding maintenance

My Father(age 80) is staying away from us since 15 yrs. After his marriage with my mother(age 70) he very seldom stayed with her.  Both my parents are retired. My mother does not get any pension whereas my Father gets a pension or 30000 rs

I stay with my Mother. My mother has her own house in her name. I am doing decent job and taking care of my mother. My father does not have any properties and he is about to cliam his share on his ancestral properties for which he can get an amount of around 50 lacs.

My father did not include her name in pension related papers due to which lot of benefits are gone(like govt health insurance).

Can you pls suggest if my mother can claim maintenance. And also once my father gets some money from this ancestral properties can my mother claim some amount. 

I am afraid my father can cliam a false maintenance suit on me.

Can you suggest some easy methods considering my mother age.

Learning

2 Replies

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     12 October 2015

Why dig old wounds.  May be he has not given your mother( his wife's ) name in his office records. They are both old and may be here for few more years.  Let them live them the way they are living till now 

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     13 October 2015

UR father staying away from U since 15 yrs,why stake a claim on the ancestral properties now. What is the status of UR father,has he married again? U R earning well and I suppose U can take care of UR mother till the end.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register