LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rahul (assistant)     05 April 2010

sucession certificate

Please guide me how to make sucession certificate.  Whom should i apply for that. What are the documents required for making sucession certiifcate. 

Secondly, tell me if i am having legal heirs certificate still i require sucession certificate for transmission of shares or their is any other way in absence of the same.

Please guide

Learning

2 Replies

Suryanarayana Tangirala (Advocate)     05 April 2010

Yes u need to obtain Succession Certificate U/S.372 OF INDIAN SUCCESSION ACT, even though u have legal heir certificate for transmission of shares of deceased,for that u need to have share certificate if any or letter from the company in which deceased has shares asking u to obtain succession certificate,death cerificatre of deceased.U need to file a Petition with district Judge praying grant of succession certificate,u can file the same at the District court of your Residence.Also a copy of news Paper showing the share value that is trade a day before filing of case for the purpose of Valuation of Court Fee. Consult a Lawyer

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     05 April 2010

Mr Surya narayan rightly advised. For more details and  initiating the process, kindly consult a local lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register