Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajiv Nayak (Proprietor)     03 January 2014

Succession of property.

Hi everyone,

My question is that i have a pagri system property in the name of my late grandfather. He had four sons, my late father was the second. for past 36 years my father and later i am paying all the rent and other dues. now the building is going under re development. when i asked the landlord about transferring the said shop in my name he is saying i ll have to get the signatures of other heirs. None of my uncles nor my father are alive nor any of the family members are in touch with me, i dont even know where they all live. So in this case what should i do as this matter will certainly escalate after the redevelopment  starts. Please help me in solving this matter, i will be needing your precious guidance in solving this matter.  

Thanking You. 

Learning

6 Replies

Simi Salooja (Legal Secretary)     03 January 2014

Hello Rajiv,

what is your location?

Regards

Adv Simi

Mumbai

Fort, Mumbai.

Simi Salooja (Legal Secretary)     03 January 2014

do you have any documentary evidence in your name??

or do you at least have the rent receipts in yours or your fathers name

Regards

Adv Simi

Mumbai

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     03 January 2014

Sir,

If you have, in your possession;  [1] rent receipts, [2] electricity bills, [3] sales tax and/or income tax assessment orders, [4] shops & establishment registration, [5] any postal correspondence at the address, and other evidences of your occupation at the shop, you should approach the owner and the developer and request them to transfer the premises to your name.

Alternatively you may approach the Small Causes Court with a Declaratory suit to transfer the rent receipt to your name.

Good Luck

Kishor Mehta

Thank you for your suggestion Kishor Sir, i ll start collecting all the documents. 

Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh (Property Law Consultant)     03 January 2014

Except declaration from competent court no solution unless legal heirs concur. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register