LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

tanupa312   09 May 2017

Succession certificate - kanpur

My father was an employee at a Government of India organisation in Kanpur and passed away in the January 2015 due to medical issues. To claim the funds and gratuity I filed a claim with the organisation however they denied it saying that there is someone else who has made a similar claim and only a succession certificate will make me eligible to get the funds. I am the only son and legal heir of my parents and my mother is no more. 

The organisation has also denied to shared the actual amount that i can claim in the funds and there is not record anywhere else. I have tried the RTI route too but it didn't show any results. 

I have filed for succession and it has been over one and half year that it has been pending. Now the court is asking for the actual amount but the organisation isn't disclosing it. The case is pending at this juncture. 

Please help me on how do i break out of this situation and get the succession certificate asap. 

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     09 May 2017

No specific time limit is prescribed for the issue of certificate. A week is a reasonable time in most cases. Where there is a dispute or a rival claim, it may take longer. Usually rival claims arise in cases of bigamy.follow up with the help of your lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register