Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saad Dalvi (None)     12 July 2013

Succession certf / letter of administration

Dear Sir / Madam,

1> What are the charges for issuing  a succession certificate in Mumbai ? and what is the timeframe of the same ?

2> What is a letter from administration ? And what are the charges and timeframe for issuing the same ?

3> Which one of the above will I get as early as possible and also with less fees/charges ?

I need any one of these to transfer the shares from my father's (Deceased) name to my mothers name.

Please help.

Learning

6 Replies

Saad Dalvi (None)     12 July 2013

I did send the company a copy of legal heirship certificate and a copy of no objection but the have requested for a succession certf or a letter from Administration.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     12 July 2013

The certificate issued by the revenue officer is not succession certificate, it is survivors certificate.  Power vest with civil courts only to issue succession certificate

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     12 July 2013

The court fee for succession certificate depends upon value of the property. Fees of the advocate is different for every one. Consult a local lawyer. Succession certificate cases do not take a long time.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     14 July 2013

It may take 6 months to 8 months to get succession cert. 

Saad Dalvi (None)     16 July 2013

Thank you all for your replies.

I had to submitted the succession certf in two different companies so do I have to make seprate ones for both or will I be issued only one certificate on which I can transfer all the shares ?

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     16 July 2013

In the Petition for Succession you have to mention all movable and immovable properties including your two companies. One case is enough, no need to file multiple cases.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register