LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SAURABH   08 January 2018

Study Leave

Hi. I am serving in a Central Govt Organisation and currently pursuing higher education after obtaining study leave from the concerned ministry. Recently I have appeared in a direct recruitment examination for the next higher post in the same organisation. In the same examination there are few more vacancies. My study leave is up to June, 2017. If I get selected, am I be able to join the new post before completion of leave? If not, shall I be given the seniority over the new recruitees after completion of my study leave? What shall I do in such case? Please advice.

Learning

2 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     08 January 2018

1. Wait for the result.

2. The seniority in case of Direct Recruitment is always based on the rank and not on date of joining. However, you have to join the induction training (if any) only then your seniority will get protected.  Or you have to seek permission for attending training later.

3. No separate sanction for study leave will be required (as the Department is the same).

4. If you join the duty, before completion of your study leave, then the conditions for grant of study leave will come into play and you may have to face the consequences of that.

5. In any case, you can always seek sufficient clarification from the Department. What is the problem?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 January 2018

I just partially disagree.

If you join back beofre expiry of study leave to take up new post then fresh leave will have to be sanctioned.  You can resign the previous post while on leave and can also be relieved but cannot join new post (even if in the same deptt)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register