Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yash   09 June 2018

Stop payment - alternative action

The defaulting party wrongfully did a stop payment on a cheque. I have issued the legal notice within the time limit. My advocate tells me the case would take atleast 2 years to resolve u/s 138 NI Act and that has demotivated me to great extent since amount is not much and I would not be able to waste so much efforts, time, money over it. Although I want to teach defaulting party a lesson and get justice. Since it was a service related agreement with defaulting party, can I explore consumer court for the case along with Sec 138 to not get limitation affected? Since consumer court are known for speedy redressals through settlement, etc. Can anyone please suggest any other methods to seek justice in given case?


 1 Replies

Aman chawla (DELHI HIGH COURT ADVOCATE)     10 June 2018

Sir, I would request you to please go for 138 complaint because it is a criminal case. Cheque Bouncing case is also tried as a summary trial. 



Aman Chawla

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads