LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PRASENJIT RAKSHIT (AAO)     30 July 2011

Status of deputation cum absorption in the same department

I was serving in the o/o the Accountant General(A&E), Meghalaya, Shillong in the IA&AD as Steno and after passing Departmental Examination of SOGE I had joined in the O/o the Pr.Director of Audit(Central), Kolkata in the same IA&AD as Assistant Audit Officer initially on deputation cum absorption basis.  Now I have been absorbed in this office as Assistant Audit Officer with effect from the date of my deputation.  In this office Assistant Audit Officers also recruited directly through Staff Selection Commission.  Now a question has arisen what is my status whether I'm directly recruited AAO or departmental promottee.  I shall be grateful if any expert can clerify this point.

Learning

4 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     30 July 2011

You passed the Departmental Examination and came to this position.  You did not apply to the post in response to any Direct Recruitment process.

Therefore, you are a departmental promotee and not a DIRECT RECRUITEE.

PRASENJIT RAKSHIT (AAO)     02 August 2011

Thanks a lot Sir, I shall be ever grateful to you if you can kindly give some reference of any order/notification in this regard.  Actually CAG of India has given some fixation benefit for departmental promotees of Asstt. Audit Officer after Sixth pay commission, but my present office is denying my status of departmental promotees though at the time of absorption I was treated as departmental promotee.  As such now I have to give some representation in this regard citing some reference/order/notification of GOI.  Please treat it very very urgent.  

(Guest)

Dear Raksh*t,

Mr. Ramachandran is right in his opinion. Direct recruits are recruited from open market or by call of application from other organisations on deputation basis, not from within the concerned zone of the department. However, if eligible, the employee can also come through the competitive examination conducted by SSC against direct recruit quota. Since SOGE exam is conducted by the concerned wing of the CAG, it is necessarily a departmental exam, may also be a qualifying exam, but only within the parent office where the lien of the employee is maintained.

One complexity in your case may be that the seniority and vacancies of your cadre are perhaps maintained and controlled only on regional basis, like jusrisdiction of the concerned regional audit office. Since you were on the rolls of the AG (A&E) Meghalaya, your lien was maintained only in that office. So, your position in your parent office, of course, was a departmental promotee, but not within any organization outside the jurisdiction of your parent office, i.e., Kolkata. For the purpose of your position in the office of Principal Director of Audit (Central), Kolkata, you were recruited directly on deputation cum absorption basis by calling of applications from various audit offices.

Since you are in the audit department, you are also supposed to know the rules of pay fixation, as various CAG instructions are issued on various matters relating to Government Rules by the office of the CAG for audit point of view. You can, of course, claim any benefit of pay fixation under 6th CPC in the cadre of AAO only in your parent office as may be due for departmental promotees, provided you are eligible under Next Below Rule, if some of your senior would already have been promoted as AAO in Meghalaya office during your deputation period, while you used to hold a lien against your original post. But, if some promotions affected after your absorption in the new post of AAO at Kolkata, you cannot claim that benefit also from your parent office. So, you will have to be contented with your pay fixed with reference to your deputation pay only.

Hope the points are clear to you.

PRASENJIT RAKSHIT (AAO)     10 August 2011

Thank you Dhingra Sir, for your valuable suggestions.  Actually no promotion affected my absorption in the new post of AAO at Kolkata and my gradation list is being maintained at Kolkata office along with departmental promotee AAOs.  Further, my junior is getting the benefit in question in my parent office at A.G.(A&E), Shillong.  The problem is that my junior  in my parent office and directly recruited AAOs, though junior to me, in Kolkata office both are getting more pay than me.  So by getting absorption at Kolkata office I'm the worst sufferer now.  Please suggest me what should I do.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register