Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjeev001 (executive)     08 March 2012

Statement given in womens assistance cell of police

Dear sir/madam,

                  i had reported my maritial dispute of my wife and myself to womens assistance cell, to show that i am not guilty of any torture of anykind to my wife and if she wants to complain she can do it here. i applied it myself, and also requested the cell to consell her as she threatens  me with false cases and harrassment.

she did not attend the second session of counselling after the first, she missed 2 dates. my file was closed. then one fine morning she appeared at the womens assistance cell of the police and they recorded our statements,

previously she had not allowed me to come in the house where i live with her in a rented accomodation, i complained about this to the cell, and they issued summons to her, which she refused. now she, in her statement has said that i am ready to live with her, but he is not coming to my house and i have to stay alone, i have deserted her, i dont give money for food, and i dont visit her, and i have deserted her, my parents have abused her, and all other sorts of accusations.

i in my statement have said that, since she has not allowed me to come to the house, due to my irregular timings, i have stopped going there, on my will, i am paying the rent and will also pay her the monthly expenses of rs 3000 to her, but i will not go to her place as i have been prohibited to come there by herself. and she has refused to have s*xual relations with myself, (she had called me a hi**a on the first night and threw away my mangalsutra and refused s*xual advances from me) and i am going to file for a divorce from myside,

dear sir ,kindly advice me on the above matter.

is my statement in the negative, will this be good for a divorce application.

does the statement to the police have any effect on the divorce case, will my above statement be of any use, or will the girl benefit from my statement. i dont want to live with her in any condition, hence i have straight forwardly stated this in writing that i will file for a divorce. the girl states that i want to live with this man but he is refusing.

kindly advice ladies and gentlemen.


does my statement


 5 Replies

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     08 March 2012

She is harrassing you only.Filled divorce petition on ground of cruelty as you already paying her monthly expenses,no need to harras more..

sanjeev001 (executive)     08 March 2012

hi hemant,

 thanks for your kind reply, in my statement i have clearly mentioned to the police that i will not go to stay with her, i am willing to pay the monthly house rent and i WILL pay the monthly expenses, does the word WILL in any way state that i was not paying the monthly expenses to her, as i dont have any proof that i was giving her money, i was paying her hard cash, for which i dont have any proof. and also if i stay away wilfully from my wife, does this constitute ccruelty on her and invite 498a? or anyother harrasment charge, as i am willing to pay the expenses and monthly expenses? ps advice

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     08 March 2012

Buddy, cut the chase and file for divorce.


Shonee Kapoor

sanjeev001 (executive)     09 March 2012

yes shonee sir, i understand your point, as you rightly said, i am at the point of filing a divorce case soon.......................

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     09 March 2012

All the best, stay blessed/






Shonee Kapoor

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query