Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Squashing of false 498a and dv case by women's commission

Hi All,

My wife has filed false dowry harassment case against me and my family and the contents of the FIR is completely false and recently she served me domestic violence notice to my family and we have to appear to court soon.

Now the question is does women's commision of state has the power to close the FIR by using B - report? Post explaining my concern she told FIR can be closed using B - report. Kindly confirm we if it's true or not.


 9 Replies

Harshit   27 June 2018

Only Hon'ble High Court has the power to quash the 498A
1 Like


you mean FIR related to 498A is it ?

Harshit   27 June 2018

Yes , Hon'ble High Court has the power to quash the 498A but remember your case must satisfy the essentials of section 482 CRPC .
1 Like


Agree to your point. But post listening to my concerns she told she will close the FIR itself. Does she have powers to close the FIR?

Harshit   27 June 2018

Yes , She have the power to quash the FIR

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     27 June 2018

The report under section 173(2) Cr. P. C has to be filled by the IO of the police who is investigating the reported complaint and registered as FIR to the Judicial Magistrate. Such IO can only in its report summit that after investigating it was found no offense committed, all evidence/statements collected in this regard has to attached with the report. The closure of the complaint requested that the Judicial Magistrate consider while deciding the matter. The report of woman's commission recommendations of closure of complaint will also be placed in the file for the consideration of the court.

TGK REDDI   28 June 2018

This's not a Private Complaint.      The Assistant Public Prosecutor has the power of withdrawing the matter.     The Court's nod is essential.

sai narayana   03 July 2018

Yes police can submit zero report but the judge can order further investigation also which you can challenge in appellate court too. 

ASOK CHOUDHARY   25 January 2019

women commision of state has no power to close  FIR

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register