Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prakash Kamat (Senior Technical Analyst)     03 May 2012

Spelling mistake in father's name in sale deed

Hello Sir,

Recently I got a property registed against my name.

Later I noticed that, there is one letter missing in my FATHER's NAME in the Sale Deed at ONE place.  Spellings in all other occurences are correct.

When it was brought to notice to the concerned person, the same was modified by adding the missing letter, in black ink.

My query:

Can you please tell me if this would cause any problem when I intend to sell the property?

Do I have to get it corrected?

Thanks and Regards,

Prakash Kamat

Learning

3 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     03 May 2012

Dear Prakash,

This can be rectified by executing a rectification deed. For general mistakes like spelling mistakes, the stamp duty and registration charges are Rs 100 each. So you can go for this by way of abundant caution and to rule out any future problems.

Feel free to talk !

Rajesh (AM)     12 May 2012

Dear Mr. Bharat,

If the seller is not available for executing a rectification deed, what can be done?

Regards

Rajesh

Hemang (Advocate)     21 June 2012

The same person, who executed and registered the deed shall sign the deed of rectification. However, if he is away for any reason, ask for the power of attorney with whom he reposes the confidence. The power of attorney holder should solve all problems. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register