Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinod Srivastav (SFA)     08 August 2017

Society threatening me for paying up for complain filed.

I live in a society for the 32 years and 4 months back me and 2 other residents raised a complain with the corporation of chennai against my apartment committee for buliding a compound wall height of 3 meters which was against the rules of DEVELOPMENT CONTROL RULES FOR CHENNAI METROPOLITAN AREA.

The maximum wall height permissable is 1.5 meters and we had at the time of construction requested them to follow the rules and regulation but it fell in deaf ears and they constructed a wall 2 years back.

Post the construction cyclone vardah hit chennai and the complete compound wall was struck down and they again constructed the wall again for the second time but this time with a height of 3.5 meters which is any which ways against the rule of 1,5 meters.

Because we have raised the complain to corporation of chennai with reference to excess height of the wall ; the president and secretary has sent letter to all the residents stating that incase the wall is brouht down by corporation of chennai - its me and the other complainant that would be responsible.

Just because we raised complain against them to corporation they have maligned us by issuing letters to all the residents that we dont want development of our society.

Since the wall was already blown away earlier and poses serious threat to lives of our residents we decided to go and complain to corporation. The corporation has agreed to our complain and has promised quick action but the president and secretary have tarnished our goodwill by holding us responsible for raising the complain and these guys have written to all the residents that the incase the corporation breaks the wall on the basis of complain filed by me - i will have to pay the society back.

This is ridiculous and they are arm twisting us and our goodwill has been maligned as well big time.

Now we complainants want to file for defamation case to them for maligning our names for holding us responsible for the complain given to corporation.

Can i file for a defamation case against the soceity - president and secretary ?

Your quick response will be of great help.

Learning

1 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     09 August 2017

Take their response as a compliment (may be left handed) than act of defamation!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register