LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manigo7511   02 September 2017

Society maintenance charges

Dear Experts, I had taken the possession of flat in 2012 and had paid society charges for 2 years (24,000).  The society formation was initiated by the builder on April 2017. From which date do i need to pay the charges. The society has elected the builder as persident on the 1st meeting on April 2017. Still legal documents for society formation is pending.

Learning

4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 September 2017

You are liable to pay maintenance since the day you have taken possession of your flat either to the society or builder depending upon circumstances of the case.

However, you have stated to had taken over possession in 2012 and paid maintenance for 2 years, what about mkaintenance for the remaining period, till today?

Thanks for the reply Dr.J.C.Vashista.To add when I spoke to him yesterday he said that the previous amounts has been waived for all and starting from April 2017 we have to pay the remaining. I am in dark zone where i dont know if others have paid any maintenance charges prior to April 2017 since the society is yet to be formed. In that case what to ask for.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     02 September 2017

If you paid society maintainance charges for 2 years means you paid upto 2014. And now builder is asking to pay from April 2017 then it is good for you only. 

Hi Mr. Shirish thanks for the reply and points accepted. But in that case i dont know if others have paid the amount prior to April 2017. He said he has waived the society charges for all prior to April 2017. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register