LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Siddharth (Assistant)     03 August 2011

Sim card document fraud

HI, My post related to use of one persons identity proof for sim card issue to other. I am stuck in same problem. I bought a DOCOMO sim card. Today just found that my card is not registered on my name but some other persons name. That means my documents would have been used for someone else SIM. Thinking to do a police complaint against the Distributor. Should I proceed? Iam a CA student should I get into this police case?

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 August 2011

You can submit a written representation under acknowledgment  to Nodal Officer of company by email, fax, letter and mention the facts that you had submitted the following documents:

-SEF number

-Your photo ID with number e.g. DL, PAN card, Voter card number.

-Photo

-Address proof with number e.g. Voter card number.

and you should have been issued the SIM card in your name. Whereas you have come to know  that SIM card has been issued in some other name. You can mention that this is a serious offense and you can land up with serious security issues due to illegal conduct of the company. You can ask the company to supply you the duly certified copies of all docs submitted by you as mentioned above along with their reply.

Kindly mention that you do not want any reply by phone call, SMS, and no one should visit you without prior appointment or without company ID and written reply to you should be supplied by regd/speed post only with in next 7 days or you shall be constrained to report to SSP of your area. You can mention that you shall be responsible or accountable for any activity related to your SIM card issued to any other individual and the SIM card issued to you shall not be deactivated till your SIM card is supplied to you.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 August 2011

Kindly correct to;

"You can mention that you shall not be responsible or accountable for any activity related to your SIM card issued to any other individual

lokesh yadav (law)     03 August 2011

Hi, 

you have alternative solutions apart from giving complaint to police, 

1. call your customer care and rergister a personal complaint and tell them to clarify your problems, you have provisions to change your documents according to law if  ur only denying that ur sim card is not registerd in ur name.

2. Go to nearest DOCOMO service center and tell ur problems and provide new documents in ur name for permanent registration.

Regards 

Lokesh.R 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register