Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Should husband of age78 pay maintanace allownce to his wife

Page no : 3

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     24 October 2011

No one can gag the Internet because no one can police the Internet. ... Forums and blogs will always exist and people will always give their opinions.

In July 2002, National Technical Systems, Inc. (NTS) and its president Jack Lin (“respondents”) sued former NTS vice-president Brett Schoneman (“appellant”) for defamation, alleging that Schoneman made posts on the Yahoo!Finance message board containing false and defamatory statements about the respondents’ management practices and behavior. Schoneman brought a special motion to strike under the California anti-SLAPP statute (strategic lawsuits against public participation, Cal.Civ.Proc.Code § 425.16).The anti-SLAPP statute is aimed at curbing “lawsuits brought primarily to chill the valid exercise of the constitutional rights of freedom of speech and petition for the redress of grievances.” (§425.16, subd. (a).) Protected speech includes statements made in “a public forum in connection with an issue of public interest.” (§425.16, subd. (e)(3).) In order to succeed in its motion, the defendant must make a threshold showing that the lawsuit arises from a protected First Amendment activity; then, the court examines whether there is a reasonable probability that the plaintiff will prevail on the claim. An order granting or denying a motion to strike under the anti-SLAPP statute is appealable.

The trial court denied Schoneman’s special motion to strike, finding that first, there is no evidence that the Yahoo! message board is a public forum and second, there is no evidence that Schoneman’s postings concern a matter of public interest. The court did not address the question of whether respondents can establish a probability of success on the merits of their claim.

The Court of Appeal reversed the above judgment, ruling that the Internet message board was a “public forum,” a place open to the public where information is freely exchanged. There had been some 20,685 postings regarding NTS’s share values and the qualifications of its officers on the message board, which satisfied the traditional definition of a public forum. The Court also found that the postings were made “in connection with an issue of public interest,” because the management practices of a publicly traded company and its president are a matter of public interest to existing and potential shareholders, affecting the markets as a whole. The fact that respondent Lin is not a public figure has no bearing on the scope of anti-SLAPP suit, it notes, since the section 425.16 applies to any person or entity that brings a lawsuit to chill the exercise of First Amendment rights. Furthermore, the Court concluded that the respondents cannot prevail upon the merits of their lawsuit, as they failed to plead the defamation case with the required particularity. They merely alleged that some postings were libelous, without quoting a single defamatory statement in their complaint, and failed to demonstrate why the appellant’s statements are not protected opinion. The trial court was directed to enter a new order granting the special motion to strike.

So based on above backdrop where do I stand in a gag Order of a Jack Rabbit
J Also many show me Contempt proceedings and I dare ask will they stand trial.......keep thinking now J

Respect
the LCI Forum and not me !
Reasoning: The forum has given space to you to seek legal knowledge to win from your case(s) is it not so and moreover my ID is just a click away for deletion and or preservation J J J

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Zeeshan
"
PM tajobs. He will explain you the meaning. (with citation).......................

"

DIRTY THOUGHT OF DIRTY MIND.

YOU DID NOT RESPECT TAJBOBINDIA BUT PRETENDING TO DO SO.

AS HE WAS GIVING FREE EXPERT ADVICE .

ASKING SECRET QUESTIONS TO GET ANSWERS  WITH CITATION MAY BE YOUR HABIT.NOT MINE.MIND IT.

1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Zeeshan
"
@ utpala

You mind yourself. How do you come to understand my post NOW ? Or you are just enjoying ?????

By the way what you do here at LCI ? DO YOU HAVE ANY LEGAL QUERY ? ANY LEGAL PROBLEM ? OR YOU ARE AN EXPERT ? Or WHAT  ?

I rarely found any thread where your "expert opinion" is not present. Weather it is of your interest or not . You write on the wall derebately. And most of your posts are comments & teasings. 

This is not facebook.

Don't dare to mess me again.
"

you may come here for entertainment.Whatever i do here this not problem.Who are you to ask me???Why should i explain you why I am here.???

Do you ever find me messing with roshni or aishwarya ? They are really victims and are here for some legal sufferrings. Not just for timepassing. They surely have read my above post . But no-one comments or ask it's meaning. 

Ash or roshni did not ask you doesnot mean no body have noticed that.I understood your meaning thats why I asked you to elaborate which you could not reply because your hint was dirty and and spoiling tajob and all active women's image who very innocently fight here and  involved tajob so that he would reply in your favour.

You should remmeber that this is not facebook and you are not replying to your school friends Update here.

Having a law degree does not mean I should know all legal terms .So what's wrong if I asked so?In many important and interesting threads whrer I have to learn something but nothing to write important I use to keep a little comment so that I get mail notification to find the thread later easily.

And you are saying me timepass women??When dog tries to roar he does not become a lion.So don't steal words from others.

BTW did you get proper reply (as u desired) in the que that u left today in expert section??

(Guest)

@Zeeshan

Don't dare to mess me again.

ha ha ha..

(Guest)

Age puts no bar or provides no concession/exemption on maintenance of wife.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register