LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tarun Gangwani   07 July 2020

Share to legal heir who is a us citizen

Hi We have inherited a property in Mumbai. One of the legal heirs has been asking for his share. We have mutually decided to give them their respective share. However the receipient legal heir is a US Citizen and we have to remit the money in USD to their respective bank accounts. What type of document should be signed so that no future litigation arises. Also please tell us the process of the same. Thanks. PG.


 3 Replies

Adv Keches Shilwante (Partner @ Legal Biceps)     07 July 2020

Make a family settlement deed. for same contact an advocate in your locality

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     07 July 2020

1. Money Transfer to a US citizen, can be sent ONLY after taking RBI permission.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com


sribhusan sukla (Free Legal Consultations)     07 July 2020

Yes, it is by way of a deed of family settlement only. The document shall be required to be executed by all family member co-sharers, duly attested by two independent witnesses. The document must contain the details of remitance in USD amongst other details of share of rest co-sharers. Registration though not compulsory, is preferable. Ad velorem stamp duty not required. Take advise of a taxation lawyer too.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register