LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Francis (Service)     26 February 2024

Settlement deed

My father has given a percentage share of his property to my sister. Can my sister now give part or full of the portion she got through settlement deed to any of her siblings through another settlement deed or the transfer has to be through  a Sale Deed only. 


 1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 February 2024

Your sister acquired the property by a settlement deed. 

Thus by virtue of the settlement deed, she has become an absolute owner of the property with clear and marketable title on her name.

In the said situation she can transfer her propery by executing a gift deed in favor of the person of her choice

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register