Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

George Mohan (Manager)     24 September 2013

Settlement & pf

Dear Sir/ Madam, 

I was employed as the General Manager/ Director by a Chinese firm In Bangalore for over 3 years, And have unfortunately quit over some disagreements, post which I resigned of my service and have signed all documentation requested by the company. I had received an email from the company confirming that if all documents are signed the settlement along with all other formalities will be settled. 

However post me signing all documents and adhering to their requests they have started ignoring all my mails and calls for the request to settle of my dues and PF. 

Also due to the disagreements the company senior executives have started to spread false allegations and defaming my reputation in the market - can an individual sue a company for defamation. 

Can I sue this company, if yes what are the procedures. 

Thanks 

George Mohan

Learning

2 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     24 September 2013

if u have concrete proof or evidence, of the above u can go defamation under section 500 of IPC,but it is not advisable to go by hearsay evidence.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 September 2013

PF; If you have submitted PF withdrawal forms under acknowledgment and have POD submit final reminder and demand acknowledgment issued by PF office for supplying it further to you. The concerned HR person is expected to attest/submit the forms in 5 days.

Declinature to attest the PF forms is offence.

You can lodge a complaint with RPFC. Submit in writing in person under acknowledgment.

FNF; Time for payment of FNF dues is last working day or next 2-3 days or max. by usual pay day.

If you are covered as ‘Employee’ as in Karnataka Shop and Commercial establishments you may invoke it. You may go thru 

Sec:2 (G) (h), 6A, 15, 18, 21, 26, 27, 29, 30, 34, 39 and 39(3) (7) , ……………….

Or approach Civil Court.

Defamation: Get hold of established evidence that is published/recorded/is false statement/damaging/harming………………………….Preferably meet a lawyer in person and proceed under expert advice.

Attached File : 141182350 karnataka shops and commercial establishment act.pdf downloaded: 86 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register