LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kvathalye (house wife)     03 April 2013

Service not to satisfaction

I want to file the case in redress against the service providers. I am not  in a position to pay lawyers. I wish I represent my case in district or state forums. the facts are as followes. 

on one fine evening I was  took out my car from gate of my house  to go out for buying some goods. I saw a service viheecal of electricity provider in front of electric pole opposite our house. I thought some one may have complaint. I left. When I return and put on lights I feel a heavy current flowing in the wires. something went wrong. experience a dangerous situation I immediatly put off the connection from meter. As i had invertor the lights were put on inverter batteries. On the next morning I called the service station of electric co. they came. and checked the wiring they  told me that your negative wire is broken some where. And you will have to lay it from a contractor. this service is not provided by ele. co. As I am leaving alone with my sister I asked them please tell me who do such jobwork. The engineer help me and send a person. I negotiated with me and contract is fixed. And I gave him a token advance. But then he fell ill. I work could not be carried out for 4 days. When he send his supervisor along with two helpers for digging for laying wire I heard them talking that they will not go deep and only one and half feet will do. As it is unsafe I asked the contractor to stop work. The work is given to another person. he also has done the same thing.we were in dark for almost 15 days. When I stop the work from the first contractor sent by the engineer they asked the person to suppy the certificate from the license contractor. As he was working with the license contractor I asked him to give the certificate after verifying the work only. Meanwhile the contrator manage the electric co. I have personally told them unless I ask them do not start suppy. so they came from south side back site of our house to start the connection.I was standing outside I saw them I asked them not to start supply untill certificate is given . but he do not came and gave a certificate without verification. the supply was started. but then after some hours there was constant sparking at the meter. so I called the contractor but he told me that he left nagpur and is in bhandara so i will see on my returning to nagpur. I therefore called the electric co. they obsered that the connection was loose On my request and for safty they tightened the loose connection. But the cover was left open I asked them to put it on. the person told me that it can't as the contractor  has taken the wire from frount site instead of back of electric  boared. Still the wires are open. and dangerous also.while digging th eland for laying he broke my water pipe also it is also not repaired. The contractor do not lission to me. I know only his mobile no. not address. I wanted to file case for fault in service. Also that he laid wire at one and half feet only. which is dangerous even if there is lighening  it can attract and wire can be burnt out. My old connection was damaged by the contractor of electric co. while doing work of laying  wire for them. But I could know after long time.

What acts are  applicable. Is there refernce cases where to file and can i get the advantage of sinior citizen.

Thanks                  

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register