LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Viany Kumar (Teacher)     10 May 2020

Service matter

i am one of selected general candidate for total 11 posts from which 3 posts were for general. i was called for joining by appointing authority after one month as compared to rest 10 candidates from my batch when one general candidate above me in merit did not join. As per merit list as per selection criteria only two general candidates are above me. i am having higher merit than other eight reserve category candidates. But in seniority list I have been placed at 11 number. please guide me about my seniority with relevent documents.

Learning

4 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 May 2020

The position in the seniority list is based is based on the rank position in the selection process, not the date of joining. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     11 May 2020

Even before joining, do not expose yourself as a litigant, first report, and using RTI, get such laid down rules and regulations that state about reckoning seniority either from DOPT and GAD of your state.  Decide it at a later as you can agitate it at any later date.  First focus on acquiring of skills and display commitment.  Do not expose yourself as litigant even before you join the institution

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 May 2020

In this context the following instructions issued by Department of Personnel Training vide O.M.No.20011/1/2008-Estt.(D) dated 11.11.2010provides the guidance:

The relative seniority of all direct recruits is determined by the order of merit in which they are selected for such appointment on the recommendations of the U.P.S.C. or other selecting authority, persons appointed as a result of an earlier selection being senior to those appointed as a result of subsequent selection. The relative seniority that used to be determined earlier according to the date of confirmation and not the original order of merit, (in case where confirmation was in an order different from the order of merit indicated at the time of their appointment), in accordance with the general principles of seniority, has been discontinued w.e.f. 4.11.1992 (O.M. No. 20011/5/90-Estt (D) Dated 4.11.1992)

The instructions could be accessed at https://persmin.gov.in/DOPT/Seniority_Instructions_Guidelines/Seniority_Instructions_Guidelines.pdf

There is also an FAQ which could be accessed at https://dopt.gov.in/sites/default/files/FAQ_Seniority.pdf

If your selection for a post in the Central Government, your seniority would be governed by the above instructions. The State Governments are also following the same norms.

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     14 May 2020

I agree with the opinion of Expert Mr. P. Venu 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register