Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bala krishna (sCCac)     23 May 2012

Service and relieving letter

Dear Sir,

I Joined the Public sector bank in June 2011 as Asst Manager. I was in Probation for 2 years with the Bank as per the rules. I have Resigned from the Bank in Feb 2012 and they have accepeted my resignation letter and sent the accepetance letter from the bank saying the Amount of Rs 50000/- Need to pay to the bank as per the rules of the Bank if resigned in the Probation Period. I have paid the amount a month before and intimted the same to the regional office. They have forwarded the same to the head office. Mean while i got an offer with the state governament. should i join the State govt job or need to wait for the releiving letter from the Bank. Please advice

Regards,

BalaKrishna

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 May 2012

Relieving letter is an important document which clarifies that nothing is pending at the end of employee towards the employer i.e. implied NOC.You have complied to the terms and conditions laid by  your employer to relieve you, hence you should be able to join next employer without any delay. You must obtain the relieving letter.Hope you have obtained the receipt/acknowledgment of the Rs.50000/ deposited by you (and the head under which the amount is collected is properly  mentioned) and you have the copy of the communication from regional office to HO.

Kindly check with your past employer ( bank) whether they shall issue NOC and Relieving letter ( both may be  different and separate documents as per Bank's interpretation, rules, practice) in case an employee leaves during probation. If yes there is no issue and you may obtain both.

Kindly check with your next employer State Govt. which documents are required from candidate to join.

Obtain all documents from bank and submit to the State Govt.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register