LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

akki (freelance)     10 November 2014

Service agreement/bond

Hi Sir,

I have signed a service agreement with a technology firm which in nutshell says i have to serve 2 years or else i have to pay 200000/-

I have left the firm 3 years back for perusing higher education.

Before that I have asked HR several times to handover the photocopy of the agreement but they says according to company policy they can not disclose the document.

After nearly 3 years one man showed up at my residence saying I have breached the bond and I have to pay the due of 200000/-

According to my understanding company have not given me any specific training and I have all the time-sheets of the time I was employed.

Please guide me what I can do?


 3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 November 2014

The recovery might have time barred after 3Y.Don't foradmit anything until advised by your lawyer. No one can appear at your door without appointment/permission and has to carry Authority letter/ID issued by the company. The liquidated damages are not to be paid on just demand and may have to be proven. The service agreement was created in lieu of what extra ordinary favor e.g. Training etc? If there was none the agreement might get termed as say.....unconcienable..... You are eligible for original copies of any document that you and employer has signed. The HR might be enslaved by their master'a internal policies for them.........but neither HR and their masters including employer are law makers and are servant/subordinate to law of the land. You may consult your labor law consultant/service matters lawyer AsAp.
1 Like

akki (freelance)     11 November 2014

Thank you sir.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     12 November 2014

from your query it is not clear who appeared at your door step

1. does he showed you the ID of the company or 

2. thus he gave any letter in writing telling you to pay the amount 

3. any mail to your from the company hr department regarding the agreement 

4. thus company has relieved you from the services when you left the organisation and full and final settlement was made to you, if company made above fnf then no problem to you 

4. as per your query it seems some one had stolen the bond papers and black mailing you 


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query