LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Seperation

My wife has not been living with me for last two months after a small altercation we had and inspite of my efforts I am not able to bring her back. Its six months of marriage so I cant apply for seperation in court....wanted to confirm If she keeps on living away for a year will this be a ground to apply for divorce or please suggest any legal remedies available to me as restoration of conjugal rights would not help If the other party is not willing to be back. As of now we dont have any legal issues like Dowry/Harassment case.

If one year seperation is a valid reason how will I be able to prove that she is living away for more than a year. Please suggest

Learning

1 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     11 May 2010

Mr. Newly Married! You are thinking and are preparing to move is antire wrong and dangerous direction. Do not think like as posted in query rather approach your wife by adopting any way and make compromise otherwise law is in favour of wives and she may entangle you and your whole family in various criminal and civil cases which shall not only spoil your hwole peace but also money and energy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register