25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saikat (B Tech)     11 February 2010


May I sale some property which is owned by me in papers and in records but is at high court for disputes regarding authority over it to someone else? Is it legal if there is a chance that I might lose the ownership in future after verdict comes out?

I am the plaintiff for the case ongoing in high court.



 5 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     12 February 2010

You cannot sell the property which is under litigation, sir.

1 Like

Saikat (B Tech)     12 February 2010

May I lease it out?

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     12 February 2010

You can lease it out. But after the judgment, you will have to forclose lease if the judgment goes against you.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     12 February 2010

Is it in adverse possession or the authority itself is under dispute?

Saikat (B Tech)     12 February 2010

the property was bought by my father almost 20 years bak.he bought it frm 1 person who dint bring his sisters to sign while registering.later these sisters came to claim their right.so the cheater is 1 who had sold it knowingly.but its in our possession.the case is not against the cheating but to approve our right over it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query